Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Leading zeros, text() not working

Hi guys I've some columns with the id: 3755 and 00003755 and they're diferent entities, but qlikview is assuming they are the same,

what I've done was loading as text like this:

See my entire script bellow ->

But qlikview still assumes they're numbers, from what i read the text() function should force qlikview to interpret as text and not number.

I've deleted all my script and attached a qvd with the problem only, if you search for the 3577 you see the id is repeated twice because the first is "3755" and the second is "00003755" and qlikview doesn't interpret as text, but in the load i put the text() function

23 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

That Is because DUMMY SISTEMAS INTERIORES is allocated to both

Where as the other is allocated to only one value.

Can you confirm what value is allocated to what in both tables.

look at the attached Document with only table 2 loaded.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Ok from your answer I've reviewed the source file and notice that 00003755 was missing so I've replaced by the original one with the 00003577 and 3577, on resume Qlikview is doing the right thing, yesterday stayed up late and maybe i messed up the file and this morning i didn't notice i remember opening the file with excel (wich remove the leading zeros) and saved. The original file have 2 id's the: 00003577 and the 3577 with different values and the qlikview is doing right. My apologies and thanks specially to @Ashfaq. 

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you close this thread.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Ashfaq but i confirm the bug we talked in the LeftJoin when he does it, it ignores the text or the leading zeros