Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Left Join

Hi,

I am getting the Virtual memory error when trying to do left Join. ' It has only 3 columns in the second table and 4 columns in the first table. I am able to do the join where the table has 25+ colmuns and double the number of rows but it is strange i am getting the error for the number of columns and rows are very less.

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The behavior you are describing are would make sense if you were using a natural join and had no common field names. Since you are using a left join that shouldn't be the problem causing the virtual memory error. My guess is therefore that you get to many synthetic fields. To resolve this drop tables or fields which are not needed.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As my knowledge if you r getting virtual memery error the fault is in script .

I am also new to qlickview since i have faced this problem i am telling u this

if it's wrong forgive me

Regards,

Rathish

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If you post your script or the application we can take a look for you.

Thanks,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response.

1. No synthetic keys.

2. No issues with the script if i debug and run for 100 rows it is working fine. I am not getting any error.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Please post your app otherwise it's very difficult to help.

Thanks,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

hi  qlikviewadict,

Can you tell how many records are there in the tables?

As you yourself said while debugging with 100 rows its working fine.. that means the two tables that u r joining have huge number of records, and your virtual ram is low so it is giving this error.

You should know that while joining QlikView keeps all the three tables in the memory, which might be leading to all the RAM being exhausted.

you should probably increase ur RAM in hardware.. i see no other solutions by far.

Rgrds,

Abhinava

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Or maybe a left join isn't necessary. Can mapping be used instead? If we can see the app we can advise better.

Not applicable
Author

Plz send me the app then we will see the solution for that problem