Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simeonlukich
Contributor
Contributor

Limiting ColorMix

Hey Guys,

I tried to find this but if it exists i must have missed it so sorry if this is a repost.

If i have a pivot table That looks kind of like this

1.jpg

How do i colormix just the last column so that it is limited to a dimension as indicated below.

2.jpg

Basically the default colormix behaviour makes it so that the range is set by the entire dataset. I simply want to highlight the largest number treating each dimension as its own dataset.

Any Idea how i can do this?

Thanks

Simeon

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am not sure what you mean with the default colormix behaviour, because Colormix1() and Colormix2() functions map to value ranges between 0 and 1 resp. -1 and 1, right?

If you are using the colormix wizard, you need to disable auto range on step 2 and enter expressions for the max and min values per dimension, something like

=Max(Total<YourFirstDimensionField> Value)

=Min(Total<YourFirstDimensionField> Value)

simeonlukich
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Right you are i am using the wizard. sorry about calling it default behaviour.

I tried what you suggested but i am still having problems as the expression doesn't work if i do that.

The generated expression looks like this.

ColorMix1 ((1+Sign(2*(rangemin(Max(TOTAL<VenueSize> [To Ratio]),rangemax([To Ratio],min(TOTAL<VenueSize> [To Ratio])))-min(TOTAL<VenueSize> [To Ratio]))/(Max(TOTAL<VenueSize> [To Ratio])-min(TOTAL<VenueSize> [To Ratio]))-1)*Sqrt(Fabs((2*(rangemin(Max(TOTAL<VenueSize> [To Ratio]),rangemax([To Ratio],min(TOTAL<VenueSize> [To Ratio])))-min(TOTAL<VenueSize> [To Ratio]))/(Max(TOTAL<VenueSize> [To Ratio])-min(TOTAL<VenueSize> [To Ratio]))-1))))/2, ARGB(255, 255, 0, 0), ARGB(255, 0, 255, 0))

VenueSize is the first dimension field [To Ratio] is what i am trying to colour mix