Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infock12
Creator III
Creator III

Limiting top 5 values in pivot table by percentage

Hello all,

Good morning. I have a pivot table with two dimensions, Student and Category

The expression I have is =Num(count({<Rating={'>=7'}>} Questions)/Count(Questions), '0.00%')

I am hoping to limit the values to top 5% categories. I am aware I can add a calculated dimension but not getting the formula right...Any help is appreciated!

Student           Category         Top 5%

A                      Science

B                      Maths

C                      English

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi all,

I think I figured it out. I used =if(Aggr(Rank(Num(count({<Rating={'<7'}>} Questions)/Count(Questions)), '0.00%'), Category)<=5, Category). It works.

However, I am unable to supress the subtotal (or total average)....It appears at the bottom of every section and 'No totals' section under Expression tab is greyed out. How will I hide the subtotal please?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi all,

I think I figured it out. I used =if(Aggr(Rank(Num(count({<Rating={'<7'}>} Questions)/Count(Questions)), '0.00%'), Category)<=5, Category). It works.

However, I am unable to supress the subtotal (or total average)....It appears at the bottom of every section and 'No totals' section under Expression tab is greyed out. How will I hide the subtotal please?

Thanks!

maxgro
MVP
MVP

for a pivot in presentation tab there is a "Show Partial Sums" (upper left)

infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi friends,

I figured that out from another thread here.

Pivot table subtotal coloumn removal

Thanks everyone!