Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Chart Set Analysis Color Problem

I have a line chart with the following...

DIM1: Sales_Group

DIM2: Employee

EXPR: Attainment

=AVG({$<TIME_Year={$(=MAX({1}TIME_Year))},TIME_Year= >}

IF(Enterprise='Yes',

1.1*Sales_Attainment,

Sales_Attainment)

)

This gives me one dot per employee, aligned over their sales group for the most recent year in my data.  I also wanted to color the dots to highlight those that are Enterprise-level, so under the expression 'Attainment' I wrote the following for 'Background Color'...

=IF(Enterprise='Yes',

RGB(150,150,150),

RGB(80,80,80))

temp.JPG.jpg

The problem is that some of the dots are the wrong color.  Only when I set my 'Year' filter to the max year (to match the set analysis constraint) are all the colors correct.  This makes me think that there's a difference between the records the expression is using and the records that the background color formula is using.  Somehow the background color is keying on records from previous years.  How do I fix this?  Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Mark, background color expressions, like regular expressions, sometimes need set analysis. Try wrapping the word "Enterprise" in your background color expression in function only() and adding the same set analysis there as in your main expression.

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Mark, background color expressions, like regular expressions, sometimes need set analysis. Try wrapping the word "Enterprise" in your background color expression in function only() and adding the same set analysis there as in your main expression.

Regards,

Vlad