Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcamarg3
Contributor II
Contributor II

Line Chart not plot values in a days with multiple values

Hi all,

I need a help. I'm trying to plot a line chart where the main dimension "X axis" is the date.

The issue that I'm facing is that the graph only plots the values on a day which had a single issue.

If the day had more than one issue, it doesn't plot the values on line chart.

I attached the screen for you to see.

If anyone knows to solve it please support.

Many thanks,

Wilson

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

For a line chart to display values, there can only be one measure value per dimension value.  This is why an aggregation function is necessary on the measure to ensure there is only one value per the dimension.  If you wanted to show every value, you would need a different dimension for each of them so there is only 1 dimension value to 1 measure value.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Make sure the measure you are using on the line chart contains an aggregation function (i.e. sum, min, max, etc.)

wcamarg3
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Nicole. If I use aggregation function it will appear values on the days, but it doesn't appear all individual values. I'm concerned on how to make appear the individual values.

Many thanks

MayilVahanan

Hi @wcamarg3 

If you are using Aggregation function, then it works for both individual values & multiple values also.

For ex:

Date as Dimension

Sum(Values) as Measure

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Nicole-Smith

For a line chart to display values, there can only be one measure value per dimension value.  This is why an aggregation function is necessary on the measure to ensure there is only one value per the dimension.  If you wanted to show every value, you would need a different dimension for each of them so there is only 1 dimension value to 1 measure value.

wcamarg3
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Nicole. This is the solution that I came out.