Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Chart with Label inside the plot area

Hi, I need to create a line chart with label inside (or on the left) in the plot area (please see attached picture).

1) How to disable the Y-axis number?

2) How to Label the line?

Regards

Benjamin See

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That looks like a job for a Mini Chart.

Create a chart of type Straight table with the dimension you want.  Then create an Expression for the straight table.  On the expression tab select Mini Chart from the Display \ Representation drop down.  Once that has been done a button will appear with the legend Mini Chart Settings.  In here you can set a dimension do show your chart over and various other options.

Good luck!

Steve

View solution in original post

8 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That looks like a job for a Mini Chart.

Create a chart of type Straight table with the dimension you want.  Then create an Expression for the straight table.  On the expression tab select Mini Chart from the Display \ Representation drop down.  Once that has been done a button will appear with the legend Mini Chart Settings.  In here you can set a dimension do show your chart over and various other options.

Good luck!

Steve

veidlburkhard
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Benjamin,

if it is this what you want

LabelTest.jpg

then wrap your expression into the dual function e.g. Dual(If(Month=Min(TOTAL Month), Country, ''), Sum(Sales))

Please check 'Values on Data Points' and you will get the above result.

Enjoy

Burkhard

Not applicable
Author

I think what I need need is Mini Chart. Now testing on it. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

I try to put in 60 days (Date as Dimension) in Mini Chart, and I get below error message:

"Allocated Memory Exceed"

Is there any limitation of the Mini Chart? Currently I am using PE version.

Regards

Benjamin See

veidlburkhard
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry, Benjamin, I forgot to hide the axis. If you go to 'Axis' and mark the 'Hide Axis' check box this is the picture you'll get. Looks like mini charts...

LabelTest.jpg

Regards

Burkhard

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Benjamin - there is not a limit on dimension values that I am aware of.  How many rows does your straight table have?

Allocated memory exceeded can often come from an over complicated expressions (perhaps you could post the expression here?) or issues in the data model - eg. tables that don't join to each other causing Cartesian products.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes, it was Mini Chart that I looking for.

Thanks. I got all I need.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks. I put the dimension field in the wrong place. It all working fine now.