cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Link Table

Hi Qlik heads

I have 3 tables D, C, B,

table D has  BranchD, EMPIDD, DepartmentNumberD, ControlNumberD, ControlTypeD as fields

table C has BranchC, EMPIDC, DepartmentNumberC,ControlNumberC,ControlTypeC,PartNumberC as fields

here except part number all fields are same.

table B has BranchB, Part NumberB,PartDiscription,DepartB as fileds.

from this i need a link table which will give the output as

Branch         Dept         EMP       ControlNum     ControlNumType     PartDesc        PartNum
20                  1                1608      1380234             1                          ECR             RXcolal
20                  1                1608      1380235             1                          ECR             CXCOLA
20                  1                1608      1380234              1                         ECR             1245
20                  1                1608      1380235             1                          ECR              6524

how to achieve this. I have tried some thing like on the attachment. please help me on this

Regards

John

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why can't you simply concatenate the tables?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert Wassenaar for your prompt response.

I have provided a sample data of my issue , actually I have to 25 columns for  D, C tables in those I have the above mentioned columns as common, in the third table B I have 10 columns in this 3 columns are common. the table C has the the size of [QVD size 1.16 GB] so ,

also the part number in the C may or may not exist in the table B, so is it ok with concatenate?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, that's not a problem.

Not applicable
Author

I have done but no luck ,please find the attachment

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sorry, but I can't think of any logic that would create such a table. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Not applicable
Author

oh ok thanks Gysbert Wassenaar.

Regards

John