Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linked list boxes

I have come across what must a relatively straightforward problem to solve - wonder if someone could help me out.

I have a Qlikview document that has evolved over time - originally it had a single sheet, now it has four and will no doubt increase in size in the future.

When it was initially configured, the left hand-side of the screen was used to contain all of the selection boxes.  I've copied this selection area across all sheets to make them all looking consistent.

However, have just noticed that only the selection boxes on the original sheet are effectively active (ie you can make selections from them).  Although all other pages show what you've selected, you can't make any changes without reverting back to the original sheet.

What I'd like is for the user to be able to make their selections from any sheet?

As ever, help would be very much appreciated!

4 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

It'd be easier if you can attach your app as there must be something locking that but it's hard to say what without seeing it. J

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Andy

That's weird.

For a blunt way to sort remove all the selection boxes on the sheets they do not work on.

Then copy the good select box object and then <right click>'Paste Sheet Object as Link'.

Best Regards,     Bill

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Check if there are any fields with actions assigned to their OnSelect trigger. Also check the OnAnySelect document trigger. Perhaps there's an Activate Sheet or a Apply Bookmark action that causes this behavior.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone, I got there in the end and the above suggestions helped me along the way.

Determined in the end that it was actually just one sheet causing the issue.  It was set as read only in Sheet Properties.  Quick untick of the box and everything's as I'd expect it to be again.