Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linking Slowly changing dimensions and fact tables

Hi All,

At the moment i currently have an issue with my data model in Qlikview. We have developed a new relational database that utilises slowly changing dimensions and fact tables. Multiple tables are linked using common keys. The problem occurs when valid from and valid to dates are taken into account. The common key in one table will now find multiple instances in another though only one will be valid. On top of this historical analysis means that at any chosen date Qlikview needs to be able to pull records that were valid during this period. Fact tables also have a "valid" flag.

I have been told to look into using intervalmatch in the load but it seems that this will create sythentic tables after analysing all the links which will take a long time (up to 6 billion records in fact tables). Is there a way of linking tables together so that Qlikview will take into account the valid from and valid to measures but which will not take a large amount of processing time as reports and applications need to be delivered first thing on a daily basis using yesterdays data.

Many thanks.

0 Replies