Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linking a table to include in Objects

Hi Hardcore QlikView users.

During my quest to master this great tool, i'm still trying to understand exactly how QV deals with tables where there is not a Field of the same name, but hold a significant relevance.

I have a huge table with orders which have been sent out. Table A

I have a second table of customer who have not placed any orders. Table B

Table A the customer key is called [ID]

Table B the customer key is called [ID2]

i have not concatenated Table B on to Table A because Table A is only customers who have been contacted. My question is around how to include that table within certain aspects of dashboard

for intstance, i have a graph, but this is only linked to Table A showing all customer orders,

Capture.JPG.jpg

BUT, i would like to show zero orders from Table B.

i need this table to be inlcuded in all other objects on my dashboard, such as a slider which will control this graph. but to remain in its own table.

any help or direction would be helpful, i'm from a SAS background so i'm trying to understand how this would work in QV

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I understand, that you have 4 tables:

I think the best way for this case will be to have tables:

Orders (fact table with ID key to customer)

Customer (dimension table with all customers).

Of course in your cast there will be customers in Customer table without any row in Orders, but they still will be customers. If you use customer as dimension on your chart, you will be able to show all customers (regarding to Suppress Zero-Values, Suppress Missing on Presentation tab).

regards

Darek

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I understand, that you have 4 tables:

I think the best way for this case will be to have tables:

Orders (fact table with ID key to customer)

Customer (dimension table with all customers).

Of course in your cast there will be customers in Customer table without any row in Orders, but they still will be customers. If you use customer as dimension on your chart, you will be able to show all customers (regarding to Suppress Zero-Values, Suppress Missing on Presentation tab).

regards

Darek

Not applicable
Author

This has worked, thank you very much for your help.

Not applicable
Author

My tables no represent the correct values and the line chart looks relative to the numbers, thanks again