Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielle_v
Creator
Creator

List Box - Unexpected Values Appearing

Hi All,

I have an issue which I can't figure out at all - I'm hoping it's something obvious that I just can't spot!

I have a field in my report called PODeliveryCal_Year, which is calculated from another date field in the script. The lowest date field in the range is 10/09/2012, so when I create a table box showing PODeliveryCal_Year, the first/lowest year appearing is 2012.

However, when I create a list box of the same field, the years 2007-2011 are appearing (greyed out) - as per the below screenshot.

I have other list boxes from other year fields, and these are correctly displaying only the expected years.

I just can't figure out why this list box is showing the years 2007-2011, as these don't apply to any of the data in the field. I've checked for rogue data in the background, but everything seems to be ok.

Any help greatly appreciated - this is driving me mad!!

PODeliveryCal_Year.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

if you do not already have it in your application, I would recommend adding a current selections object to see if there is anything selected.  If so, clear it out and see if the table box has additional values

The grey indicates there is data for those years but it is not associated with whatever is selected

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable

can you provide  a qvw showing the issue?

sunny_talwar

Clear out all possible selections in your application. Table box is not showing those years because they are deselected by another selections, but list box will always show them. So step one is to clear out any and all selections made (Current Selection box should be empty)

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

A table box will only display the possible values under the current selections. The Listbox will display all values in the field, even if they are not possible with the current selections. These grey values however do exist in this field, when I'd have to guess, maybe this field is linked to a calendar? where dates are being generated outside the scope of those in your fact table.

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

It could be a copy and paste error, where you created your calendar from a different date (i.e. one that has dates in 2007). When you linked back the calendar to the intended date, some of the dates would be out of range (hence greyed out).

Not applicable

if you do not already have it in your application, I would recommend adding a current selections object to see if there is anything selected.  If so, clear it out and see if the table box has additional values

The grey indicates there is data for those years but it is not associated with whatever is selected

danielle_v
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi All,

Apologies, should have mentioned in my original post - there are no selections made at all in my document.

Not applicable

please send a qvw, if possible

could there be rows with null data that is being excluded from table box

danielle_v
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi All,

Thanks do much for your help!

Figured it all out now, it was my own stupid fault! There was a selection made that was hidden in the background - it was a field I created in the script, tagged as hidden so that it wouldn't show up in the current selections box and checked 'always one value selected'.