Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

List of fields used in personal objects

Hi everyone,

It's been a while.. I hope you are doing great !

I need to reduce the size of an app so I used Qv document analyzer to get the list of the unused fields.. and there is a loooot of it.

the problem is that there is a long list of fields that are used ONLY in personal objects by the users, so I can't simply put a drop field at the end of the script to quickly optimise the size of the app.

Is there a way (natively or not) to get the list of the fields that are used on the personal objects ?

Thank you

Youssef B

Labels (2)
3 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK these information are stored within the shared-files. Maybe you could fetch them from there with an editor or loading in QlikView. In the old days there were also a shared-file viewer within the power tools - maybe it's still available.

- Marcus

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

@marcus_sommer  Hi Marcus,

Thank you ! I'll take a look at the shared file to see how to fetch the data I need.

Have a nice day

Youssef

James5654
Contributor II
Contributor II

A field is one data point within an object (e.g. “First Name” on the lead object). A record is row of field data within an object (e.g. the lead “John Smith”). An object is comprised of its field definitions and records. A tab is used to expose an object and its data to the end user through the web interface. MyCFAVisit Customer Survey