Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nourrahmcnean
Contributor III
Contributor III

Load SCRIPT on QMC

Hello everyone,

I have a qvw file that takes hours to load. Is there another way to execute it on the QMC  instead in Qlikview.

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

In general all loading could be done through the qmc and usually it should be the normal way of refreshing the data of regular applications. The machine/user from the qmc needs just the proper rights to access the data + applications and it should work.

- Marcus 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not really clear what you mean with reloading it within the qmc vs. instead of QlikView? You mean it actually is running within a local desktop client or on a server?

Beside this you will need to know why it takes hours? Not enough resources and/or a slow data-base or network and/or a bad designed application and/or really huge data-sets which should be loaded with an incremental approach?

- Marcus

Nourrahmcnean
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I mean loading the script on the server. the data used for the script is huge that's why loading takes hours.

marcus_sommer

In this case you should consider to apply an incremental approach and loading + transforming only the newest data directly and the historic data might be loaded from a qvd-layer. Further considered should be if the data-set could be sliced for periods, countries, departments ... whatever.

Beside this a check to optimize the loading may also lead to a significantly improvement of the run-times. Also you should take a look on the available RAM because if Qlik needs to swap any data to the virtual RAM the performance may heavily dropping.

- Marcus

Nourrahmcnean
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

THank you! That's what I've already did. But it doesn't help in my case the data is really huge. In fact, transforming only the newest data directly then concatenating it to the historic data takes an hour. In addition, I am finding a difficulty in the loading process since Qlikview desktop doesn't respond due to theRAM insufficiency.

I know that I need to upgrade the RAM performance. But is there a way to load on the server? 

marcus_sommer

In general all loading could be done through the qmc and usually it should be the normal way of refreshing the data of regular applications. The machine/user from the qmc needs just the proper rights to access the data + applications and it should work.

- Marcus 

Nourrahmcnean
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your help