Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris1987
Creator
Creator

Load speed issue - Data Structure

Hi,

I'm self-taught in QV so apologies now for any simple mistakes.

I have a database with millions of entries and although the performance of my app isn't terrible it takes about 7 seconds to load when a selection is changed.

I think I could improve my structure to help with this. Here's what I currently have:

Capture.JPG

All of the tables one the left are linked by the %Key, which links then to the MasterTable and then the MasterTable is filtered by other tables (my options).

I wondered if anyone could advise me what I could do to improve this structure? I'm fully up to speed with joins / union / concatenate etc. but I don't know what works best in QV, many small tables or one huge table? Maybe I could concatenate all the tables on the left?

Any tips / suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Below is a post from the Design Blog area that may be of some use to you:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Concatenate-vs-Link-Table/ba-p/1467569

I would recommend looking around in the Design Blog area for additional info as well, may be some other posts that that may be of additional help too, but hard for me to know exactly what you need, and I am not a very good developer myself, so hopefully this gets you on the right track with things. 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.