Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Loading Dynamic Column Name

Hello All,

I am facing an issue in loading an excel sheet which have a dynamic Column. It changes when ever a new data is entered in the sheet or to that particular column.

eg:

|  ID |    Name | Count=0 |

Over here the column "Count=0" the 0 will increase as we add data into the sheet. So for every time the name will change so how can I load this column? 0 is nothing but sum(entire row).

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
25 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Ronny,

But that's an important field and I want that in my QV.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

But you can use set analysis to get this field value inside your application.

Just to understand you right you want to keep Count= Sum(column). as a field value right ?

The problem is you need a static column and when you need the value as graph header etc. or textbox you can use set analysis

e.g. ='Count= ' and Sum(Count)

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

If I ignore or comment the field in script then how can I use it in Set analysis?

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Anbu,

I guess it will not work. Can you please use my workbook attached and try to reload it after updating the count field in workbook? The Column count changes every time once you update anything in workbook.

Any solution will be really helpful.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

I used your input file. It works for me after updating count in one of the rows. Can you check again.

r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It's working fine.

I also used it.

Please see attached qvw as example.

r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

just see my example below.

as Header e.g. ='Column= ' & Sum(ColumnName)

or                    ='Column= ' & Sum({1} ColumnName) when you want it static with max.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

But my fields are ID ,Name, Count=4. so when I load it I will get these field in qv but cant see these in your app?

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It works perfectly.

Anbu's script is ignoring the column labels (header is 1 lines) and referring directly to the column names (A, B, C, ...). If you do not need the actual count value, this is the simplest approach.

The script assumes that the layout of all workbooks is the same. Therefor you'll need to rename the column identifiers back into the field names only once.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

Got it, sorry I missed the part where you removed the headers. Thanks a lot for helping out

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC