Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III

Loading data from a specific date onwards

Dear Qlikview Experts,

Sometimes there are old data we do not wish to load, is it possible for the user to choose and load the data from a specific date? Maybe by changing the code in script but I am not good at scripting.

I had attached my current script and sample below for your reference. For example, I would only like to load the text files with date from 15th_Dec_2017 onwards, how can I achieve this by modifying the code? Any suggestions from you all would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

QianNing

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi QianNing,

Have a look at the attached file.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be https://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2014/09/qlikview-incremental-load/

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi QianNing,

Have a look at the attached file.

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Nagaraj,

Are you able to teach me on how to modify the code if I want to load my data from 01st_Dec_2017 onwards? Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards

QianNing

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Zhang,

Sure.   You can change this line in edit script. Kindly let me know if you need any further information.

Capture.PNG

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Tamil,

Thanks for your prompt reply. But it can only load the data with a date end with ‘th’. You can refer to my Zip File. There are text files starting with ‘01st_Dec_2017’ and ‘02nd_Dec_2017’. How to include these files as well? Thanks so much for your help!

Best Regards

QianNing

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

My bad. Sorry. Please find the updated script from below text file. If you still have any issues, let me know.

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Tamil,

Thanks for your concern. I have been trying your code for like half an hour. But I still cannot figure out what went wrong. I keep getting the following error after inserting your code to my script.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards

QianNing

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi QianNing,

The issue is not with the script that I have provided. The below highlighted file is not available in the mentioned path.

Capture.PNG