Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mail Server Configuration

Hi

I'm in the process of setting up my mail server under the system>setup>mail server section. I have placed the IP address of the email server under the host name. I've managed to ping the ip or telnet to the ip and port on the server and it all work.  I try to send the test email to myself, and I receive absolutely nothing. No warnings or errors.

Capture.PNG

The server does not have an form of encription like SSL.

I scoured the internet resources and can't find anything of any help. I'd appreciate any form of help with this.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all your responses.

It was exactly that - a relay problem. I sent a test message to myself, and only received it 6 hours later. Something I will have to take that up with IT.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

are the QlikView and SMTP servers on the same domain?

regards

RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try sending a test smtp message from the command line, to elimiate the problem being related to Qlikview.

Maybe it's somethign to do with relaying not being allowed on the exchange server?  Not really my bag but that's the first thing i'd try.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all your responses.

It was exactly that - a relay problem. I sent a test message to myself, and only received it 6 hours later. Something I will have to take that up with IT.

kalyandg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi,

if qlikview and smtp server are on the same domain, wont it work?

please reply

Best Regards,

Kalyan