Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Make a dynamic accumulation

Hello

I have a question regarding accumulation. What I am trying to do is to calculate a accumulation based on whatever dates the user chooses for some locations. So if a user chooses the date 2010-03, the accumulation is from a startdate to 2010-03 and showed for all the locations and for all dates inbetween startdate and 2010-03. So the graph would look something like this. The numbers showed are number of sales.

Date

Location 2010-01 2010-02 2010-03

Place A 13 28 50

Place B 16 25 62

Anyone got any clues? I was thinking that set analysis would do the trick by setting the Date dimension to all the previous Date-dimensions, kinda like $<Date={<=Date}> but could not get it to work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello WorkWork,

don't know how your users choose the EndMonth. I assume they select a single value from a Date(EndMonth)Listbox and then your chart(s) shall show a date-range from a given vStartMonth (ie. as a variable, set during load and (or) set via input box) up to the choosen EndMonth. In this case your expression should look like this:

=sum( {<EndMonth = { "$(= ' <=' max(EndMonth) & ' >=' & vStartMonth)" } >} Value)

Note: expr. is not syntax-checked.

Regards, Roland

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello WorkWork,

don't know how your users choose the EndMonth. I assume they select a single value from a Date(EndMonth)Listbox and then your chart(s) shall show a date-range from a given vStartMonth (ie. as a variable, set during load and (or) set via input box) up to the choosen EndMonth. In this case your expression should look like this:

=sum( {<EndMonth = { "$(= ' <=' max(EndMonth) & ' >=' & vStartMonth)" } >} Value)

Note: expr. is not syntax-checked.

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Thank you! Worked like a charm after some syntax fix.