Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mapping through Excel

Hello:

I have a script that gives four fields namely,

Company,

Profit Center,

Account,

Amount

I would like to create an excel file where another filed is created called as "Classification",

so that users can create classifications to which the Amount should fall into.

For example (scenario as to how it will look in Excel) :

Company          Profit Center          Account               Classification (User input field)

01                      20000                                                  Sales

01                      30000                                                 Sales         
02                                                                                  Sales

03                                                      5050                    COS

04                                                                                   PPV

and so on....

The combination top arrive at the Classification could be any possible one between the

Company, Profit Center and Account.

The list of Company, Profit Center and Account combination is huge and runs into thousands of lines.

And QV will read off this Excel file to make a table based on the Classification entered

by the user.

Is this possible, appreciate any help in this matter

thanks

Kumar

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi QV Friends:

Can someone kindly help me with the query I had posted earlier, thanks (it is as below)

I have a script that gives four fields namely,

Company,

Profit Center,

Account,

Amount

I would like to create an excel file where another filed is created called as "Classification",

so that users can create classifications to which the Amount should fall into.

For example (scenario as to how it will look in Excel) :

Company          Profit Center          Account               Classification (User input field)

01                      20000                                                  Sales

01                      30000                                                 Sales         
02                                                                                  Sales

03                                                      5050                    COS

04                                                                                   PPV

and so on....

The combination top arrive at the Classification could be any possible one between the

Company, Profit Center and Account.

The list of Company, Profit Center and Account combination is huge and runs into thousands of lines.

And QV will read off this Excel file to make a table based on the Classification entered

by the user.

Is this possible, appreciate any help in this matter

thanks

Kumar