Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

Merging Data Without Key

Hello everyone,

I'm working with a data set that is in unusual format (see Sheet1 in attached spreadsheet). I am trying to load Data from Sheet1 and make it look like data in Sheet2.

I am able to load Reference (Column B) through Check number (Column N), but I'm having trouble bringing Vendor, Company Code, Name, and City fields which are above each set of data.

Attached is a QVW that I have so far. It Brings in the data from Columns B-N and list of Vendors, Company Codes, Vendor Names, and Cities from the data set but doesn't link the two tables.

The rules of data is that a table with data will always follow supplier info.

Does anyone have any suggestions how this data can be transformed and joined?

Thanks,

Mikhail Bespartochnyy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Check if the attached is automated enough

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Mikhail,

As an variant, an example in the attached file.

Result

1.jpg

Regards,

Andrey

mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, Andrey! That solution works for a small data set, however, I'm working with a spreadsheet with close to 1,000,000 lines. A client that I'm working with is expected to provide additional spreadsheets with about 200,000 lines each month. I was hoping there might be a more automated way to process and load the data.

Mikhail B.

sunny_talwar

Check if the attached is automated enough

mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Forgot to mark this correct but this did the trick! It worked perfectly on the entire data set. Thanks, Sunny!

Mikhail B.