Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Merging two different base_data_lists (Excel)

Hi,

in the app I'm currently working on, there is a new list for the base_data this year which is largely the same as the one last year, but it's different in details.

- With most KPIs I'm displaying in the app, it was possible to load the data from both lists in one chart.

<=> With the current one, the new list is more detailed in a way that seems to make it impossible to do so:

- Generally speaking, I have a nr._of_cases_opened and a nr_of_cases_closed

- In the old list, the nr_of_cases_opened was differentiated by area, but the nr_of_cases_closed was not

=> I created a basic BAR CHART (with segments stacked) for the cases_opened and for cases_closed I did not assign
          any graphical representation, but merely a figure on the axis

- In the new list, both nrs are differentiated by area
     => I would like to stack the cases_opened and the cases_closed, but keep those two groups separate.
     => To do that, I think I have to use a COMBO CHART and a second dimension

<=> With a second dimension that can be used only with this year's data, but not with last year's data, how am I going to display
             both lists in one diagram?

Can anyone help me here?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I think I'm going to try just making two distinct diagrams and setting up a visibility condition for both of them.

The chart for this year has become quite complex already - I need a combo_diagram and to get QlikView to stack segments like it would in a bar_chart, but in two groups, I need a second (or, in my instance, third) dimension - I have five aread, so five segments, so I need 20 formulas - 5 for the "opened" cases, 5 for the "closed" and the same again for the other dimension "month" (aggregated values or avg)

Best regards,

DataNibbler