Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Min and Max Dimentsion

Have a question Im not sure how to crack.

I have a data set loaded into a table, containing 5 data sources, all the same name but differing ID and Dates for load.

Example - 1 - Policy , date Loaded 01/01/12,       2 - Policy , date loaded 01/02/12       , 3 - Policy, date loaded 06/02/12 etc etc

In a graph I want to show the minimum Policy data, by date and on another graph the maximum Policy data by date .. and nothing inbetween.

I have attached the data file in question,

Any pointers or examples wotul be great.. thanks...

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I don't understand your dataset.

I suspect you want to display for a date what is the min & max policy  but what is your ranking field ?

If so you can user firstsortedvalue

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jean, Ill try to explain a little clearer.

In the data set the key Dimensions are Entity ID and Date Created. For each Entity ID there are several business rules that have run (Rule Name). I want to show on a graph .. the 1st Entity ID and the Last Entity ID, by using the Date Created as the Min and Max dates, as Dimensions. And the Rule Name and the Sum of Failing and Passing Rows as the expressions

So I would expect to see two Dates - the first and last date as the initial Dimenstion, then drill to th Entity ID/Rule Name under the dates.

The problem Im having is getting the first and last Date as a distinct Dimension.. Keep getting an error in expression

Regards

Robin