Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Minimum configuration

Hi,

So I'm looking at the small business server minimum order/configuration.

The latest info I have states that this is five named user CALS, though I'm sure that the sales rep I spoke to mentioned document CALs. I think he mentioned 15, though not sure if this is on top of or instead of named user CALS. Does anyone have any current information on this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, that's what it says in the latest price list I have (Oct 2014): Minimum Order is SBE + 5 Named CALs. Quote: "5 Named User CALs is always required (minimum) but no other CALs now require a minimum."

You can contact your Qlik representative and ask him to show you the official price list. It isn't secret and used to be available on-line.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The minimum initial order is one SBE server and 5 Named CALs. Any amount of Document CALs (0-100).can be included in the initial order.

After that, you can order either 5 additional Named CALs or 10 Document CALs. If you order the two together, 5 of each is the minimum amount.

These are minimum amounts. Of course you can order 6 Named CALS or 12 Document CALs or 7 of both. If in the end you are approaching the Named CAL/Document CAL limit, smaller amounts are allowed.

Remember that an SBE server supports a maximum of 25 Named CALs and 100 Document CALs. After that, an upgrade to EE is necessary. Also, the SBE server doesn't support any other CAL types.

Not applicable
Author

Im sure that the Wlik representative that I spoke to stated that in addition to the 5 named CALs i would be required to purchase 15 document CALs - are you sure that you have up to date information?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, that's what it says in the latest price list I have (Oct 2014): Minimum Order is SBE + 5 Named CALs. Quote: "5 Named User CALs is always required (minimum) but no other CALs now require a minimum."

You can contact your Qlik representative and ask him to show you the official price list. It isn't secret and used to be available on-line.