Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Modifying Partial Sum to be different than the associated expression

I have a pivot table that I'm using to pull together 11 international projection model P&L's into one aggregated P&L. Partial sum works fine for every line except for cumulative fundings (both $ and # amounts). If I filter my time period down into just a year and I use a sum expression for cumulative $/#, it will sum up every cumulative value inside of that period. This isn't correct because in the projection model, the cumulation already takes place and only the most recent number in the date range is the correct one.

To try and remedy this, I used MaxString to find the largest number. Accumulation will never go down, so it finds the highest value (and therefore the most recent). This works great for individual countries, as it shows their total cumulation over the filtered period.

The only thing is that my expression carries over into the Partial Sum column as well. For example:

Cumulative (#)  Partial Sum: 87  Australia: 87  Brazil: 63  Canada: 27  Colombia: 42

The partial sum is following the MaxString expression I used for the row, when what I want is for all of the country's MaxString values to be summed up to give a total cumulative for the filtered period.

Any ways to change individual partial sum parameters?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

0 Replies