Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Module Security: lost work.

I LOST my work.

I've a qvw performing some macro in the main script, so when the source file is being opened, appears the Module Security dialog box asking permission to run those macro for Excel.

The dialog box is the one showed in the following url:

http://tinyurl.com/lg3gt6f

Some days ago I choose to deny the permission and now i can't open the file anymore!

When i try to open the file appears the error message: 'Failed to open document'.

The file is not open and the application close itself.

This is a very serious problem and if there is no solution to open the file again I will advice other peolple to don't use this software.

5 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, i DO NOT think that choosing something of the panel that you select would not cause this error, probably other cause will be the problem.

you are using security or section acces?

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately for me, I choose the first option and now the file can't be opened anymore and the entire works is lost.

I don't know waht kind of acces I'm using, what do you mean with "section access"?

I can't open the file even if I try to open it from the start page (right-click > "open without data").

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Can you attached the qvw file?

marcus_sommer

Should it be really the reason of deny the permission - maybe because OnOpen-Trigger - you could backup and remove your settings.ini and dialog box about module security appeared again.

C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\settings.ini

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer!

If I can I will attach the qvw, meanwhile i'll try to delete the settings.ini.