Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multi Box Help

E.g.

A Multi Box with field

Region

East

North

West

South

If I select West in the Multi Box and I want to change the selection to East then I find West in the top of the list. Is there a procedure by which the even after selection the West it remains in its 3rd position and does not jump to 1st?

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In the multi box properties, under the tab "Order" check "TEXT" and uncheck "STATE".

Not applicable
Author

I've done that but the position keep changing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You should uncheck 'State' ... and check 'Load order'

This way the load order is used as the order.

rgds

Anita

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did test this to be sure ... but as you say the order is still on 'State' ... might be a feature of the multi-box itself.

If you try the same for a list box the order is as selected on the 'Sort' tab.

rgds

Anita

Not applicable
Author

yeah, for a list box it is working but for a multi box it is not. As u said this may be a feature of multi box. But if anybody finds a way out... let me know.

Not applicable
Author

A Fuchten was right! I thought it was alphabetical order.

In this example, I only check 'LOAD ORDER'...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all the inputs. I've also checked only "Load Order" but it keeps changing. By the way I'm using 8.5... is that a reason?

Not applicable
Author

ummm... The first test was in the 9, but now I test en 8.5 and is not OK...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Load order in the listbox should work fine in 8.5 (be sure that no other boxes are checked for the sorting) ...

Multibox is not working with the sorting ... as I mentioned earlier I think this is a not so nice feature of the multibox itself.