Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multi-Page Text Object

I have a field within a database that contains Memos, I have extracted this into QlikView and I would like to add it into a report. 

I am loading it into a Text Object (with scrollbar) but the Milti-Page report does not seem to work.

Anyone ahve any ideas?

Many thanks

8 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I suggest you include this on a straight table, because I don't think the text object can trigger the multi-page feature.

(you can create a dummy expression if you need. Something like ' =1 ' and then hide this expression on the presentation tab)

Hope it helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Erich,

Many thanks for your; however I cannot get this to work either.  The field contains a lot of text and I cannot display it all within the table.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Did you increased the number of lines in a cell? You can go to chart properties -> Presentation

Bottom left corner , increase the number in Wrap cell text

Hope you can solve it with this.

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Erich,

Many thanks for your response.  I have just tried this; however there is a limit of 100 lines (potentially I could need more) also if the data contained within the field is less - a lot of blank space is left as it works off a fixed 100 lines rather than expanding up to 100 lines.

Many thanks

Not applicable
Author

I know it has been a very long time since I posted this.........with 12842 views.........does anyone know if it is now possible?

bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hey Ted,

I'm not sure about multi-page gocument, I've tested plain text document:

Directory

;

LOAD

RecNo( )  as SortOrder,  //This one is need to keep the text sorted properly or you can use load sorting

@1:n as Content

FROM

[..\Documents\QlikView\Tutorial\TestText.txt]

(
fix, codepage is 1252);

Then, create straight table, hide SortOrder column, Set Cell Border Transparancy to 100%

Not applicable
Author

Boris,

Thanks for your response.

The issue I ave doing this is taht the 'memo' fiels contains variable lines of data.  This causes to make the table look very bad if I try to wrap teh text (some fields are full and some are eptyu over a large space).

Im not sure of the best way around this unless:

Multi Page printing on text objexts is possible.

Automatic wrapping of text within a table

Being able to create lines of data from a memo fields within the load script

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Put Your data in a Table and not in a text object and it probably works .

Regards