Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multibox

Hi all!

Does anyone know if it's possible to lock a multibox using a calculated field?  I would like to lock the multibox using the "lock" icon.  I can lock the selection using the icon at the top of the screen, but not using the lock icon on the multibox. 

Thank you!!

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It may be strange, but quite possible to lock all fields in multi-box in one click.

For example, you have a multi-box with the fields A, B, and C.  Create a list box with "lock" icon and calculated field like this:

aggr(1, A,B,C).

After make selections in multibox, click on the lock icon of this list box, and it will lock these fields.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the responses! Both ideas are helpful, though I would still like to know if there is native functionality within a multibox.  The hope is an icon at the top right corner of the multibox (i.e. XL or print). 

Somebody came up with the idea of using text objects that trigger "unlocking" and "locking."  That is the closest idea that I have come across. 

MayilVahanan

HI

Are you expect like this?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There is no native "lock" in multibox.  Apparently if it were, there will be no question.

You can submit it as "idea"