Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple Access Point / URLs for same Qlikview Server

Dear All

I have 2 applications hosted on same Qlikview server. I want to have two separate URLs / Access point showing 1 Qlikview application each.

Please guide me how to achieve the same.

Best Regards

Ankur Jain

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Different base domain names = same solution. However, if I'm understanding this correctly, your customers themselves will have to define a new dns entry, because you won't have permission to do so.

If you mean to say that they whish to use their own domain to point to the their part of the shared QlikView server, then let your customers define a sub-domain in their dns registry, like

qlikview.abc.com          (created by customer ABC)

qlikview.xyz.com          (created by customer XYZ)

Both dns entries should point to the same server. You can configure QVWS to drop the /qlikview/ path altogether, so that customer ABC is able to navigate to the AccessPoint by simply entering qlikview.abc.com in the address bar.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I think it is not possible, for this you have to maintain to different Qlikview servers.  If the user have access to the Dashboard then it is visible otherwise it is not visible.

What is the issue if you have same URL?  Why you are looking for different URLs?

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Actually there are different customers I am working for and 1 of the client requires the URL modification as per their need.

Not applicable
Author

I have tried setting QVWs at different folders and gave different user permissions but still both users are able to see both applications. However, due to access they can open only their application.

Since both customers are competitors we need to have separate URLs to avoid issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Each application called by AccessPoint has a unique url, so if you start the application from AccessPoint you can copy / past the url from your web browser.

When called this url will go straight to the QlikView application bypassing AccessPoint.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Can't you just define two entries in your dns registry, like

customer1.mycompany.com

customer2.mycompany.com

all pointing to the same QVWS machine? To QlikView it doesn't matter what the hostname is, as long as the URL contains a path leading to the AP landing page...

The fact that both customers can see each others document points to a problem in your security set-up. They should not log in using identical credentials. With separate credentials, you can make the other document invisible by using either Section Access (for each document, set option "Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access" in Settings->Document Properties->Server) or proper NTFS rights (delete group Users from the default permission set, add individual users to the proper documents).

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter

Actually both the customers require different domains for themselves

e.g. abc.com and xyz.com  instead of mycompany.com

I will apply the method suggested by you i.e. (With separate credentials, you can make the other document invisible by using either Section Access (for each document, set option "Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access" in Settings->Document Properties->Server) or proper NTFS rights (delete group Users from the default permission set, add individual users to the proper documents).

But I will still require separate URL links for both customers to view their applications

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Different base domain names = same solution. However, if I'm understanding this correctly, your customers themselves will have to define a new dns entry, because you won't have permission to do so.

If you mean to say that they whish to use their own domain to point to the their part of the shared QlikView server, then let your customers define a sub-domain in their dns registry, like

qlikview.abc.com          (created by customer ABC)

qlikview.xyz.com          (created by customer XYZ)

Both dns entries should point to the same server. You can configure QVWS to drop the /qlikview/ path altogether, so that customer ABC is able to navigate to the AccessPoint by simply entering qlikview.abc.com in the address bar.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Peter

I have one more request can you please guide me the steps on how to configure QVWS to drop the /qlikview/ path

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It's not really that you drop the default /qlikview altogether, you're going to allow URLs without a path as well.

See here: Re: Change Access Point URL

Best,

Peter