Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
axpresbom
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple date formats

Just wondering if there is any script that will help me distinguish European date format ddmmyyyy from US date format mmddyyyy? I have an excel document with a date column that contains the two formats(the column itself is formatted as general). Instead of changing excel, is there qlikview script that would allow me to create a new field containing a single format? Thanks.

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

There's no way to do this, in Qlik or otherwise, because e.g. 10012021 could be either January 10th or October 1st and you have no way of distinguishing which.

timothyj
Creator
Creator

Do you have another column that may tell you where that row of data came from? Like Country? Or country code in a phone number? That might make cleaning it up possible.

marco_lapolla
Contributor
Contributor

You can only distinguish the dates with day number > 12 

Es.
13/12/2014 = EU
12/13/2014 = US

Robert9355
Contributor
Contributor

@axpresbom wrote:

Just wondering if there is any script that will help me distinguish European date format ddmmyyyy from US date format mmddyyyy? I have an excel document with a date column that contains the two formats(the column itself is formatted as general). Instead of changing excel, is there qlikview script that would allow me to create a new field containing a single format? Thanks.

Do you have another column that may tell you where that row of data came from? Like Country? Or country code in a phone number? That might make cleaning it up possible.