Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m2r4miller
Contributor III
Contributor III

Musing about the Script Execution Progress dialog

I'm curious...

At my employer, we are all running QV 11.20.12904.0 SR12 64-bit Edition, and we all seem to have the same issue with the Script Execution Progress (SEP) dialog.

Basically, it doesn't work.

What I mean is that when you click the "Reload" button, or press Ctrl+R to run the script, the SEP opens and then just sits there, blank, showing no activity at all...

I've sprinkled TRACE statements throughout the load script, nothing, the SEP just sits there, telling me nothing until the script completes and it vanishes (assuming the "Close" checkbox is clicked).

This behavior started back in QV 10 or 11 - I know we have had it happening for quite a while.

The only way I can seem to get the SEP to display script activity to me is when I click the "Reload" button from within the Script Editor, then it seems that about 75% of the time (not ALL the time, mind you), the SEP will display the script progress to me.

I have searched through release notes and have not found anything from Qlik on this behavior.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Is there a fix planned?

Thanks!

-Mark

0 Replies