Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need to create a new ID for a group of products?

My data has a Transaction_Id (Trx_Id) that can have 1 to 3 Product Types (A,B,C) called a “bundle”.   Currently in my data there is no way to “group” or identify these Products as a bundle.  For example, if I want to filter-out any transaction that has product type A, I can exclude that product, but it doesn’t exclude the entire transaction…it leaves the transaction in the table because B and C are still there.  Ideally, I want to filter-out any “bundle” that contains product type A.  Does that make sense?  Is there some way in the script to create some sort of Bundle_ID which will allow me to do this?

Thanks!

5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Dan, not tested but maybe you can create a bundle_ID field using all product types related to a transaction, something like:

Data:

LOAD.....

Bundles:

NoConcatenate LOAD Trx_Id,

Concat(DISTINT bundle) as Bundle_ID

Resident Data Group By Trx_Id;

Left Join (Data) LOAD * resident Bundles;

DROP table Bundles;

Also with your current script you can exclude Trx_ID with bundle=A using the E() funtion in set analysis, ie:

Sum({<Trx_Id = E({1<Bundle={‘A’}>} Sales)>} Sales)

sunny_talwar

If I understand you correctly, Why don't you try adding a inline table like this which creates a Bundle ID for each product time

LOAD * INLINE [

Bundle ID, Product Type

1, A

1, B

1, C

];

Next time you want to select or exclude ABC together you can do it based on Bundle ID

I might have mis-understood your requirement, so please don't be angry if I did 😉

Best,

S

Not applicable
Author

Ruben, when I try this code it errors because the "bundle" In the the Distinct(bundle) statement doesn't exist.  Can you advise?   Thanks!

rubenmarin

Hi Dan, I don't know the real name of the field, i write 'bundle' meaning the field where you are storing the 'Product Types (A,B,C) called a “bundle”'

Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

I think it would help if you gave some more details about your data, especially about the "bundle". Is it a separate field, or is it a part of the Transaction_Id or some other field?