Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III

Need to display y-axis numbers on both sides in bar chart

Hi All,

I have an requirement that as you can see in the below image.

I have created an Bar chart and had Y-axis numbers as 0,1000,2000. Now the same i want to display the same axis numbers in both ends of the bar chart. Is it possible?

I have two expression one expression is selected with bar and second expression is selected with text as pop-up. Please let me know how can i achieve it.

Y-axis.png

Attached image for your reference.

Thanks,

Bharat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Check the attached sample.

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

11 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't think you can do that without a second expression that is plotted on the chart (not just text). You will need to create another expression that is linked to the RHS axis. Use a combo chart, and a symbol for the second expression. Make the symbol small or colour it to make it invisible (or at least unobtrusive).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

I thnk it is not psble

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can get something along those lines if you copy the bar expression and on the axis tab assign it the Right position. You can set the background color of that expression to 100% transparent so you don't see the bar. That way you'll get the same axis on the right as well. The disadvantage is that you have a bit of empty space on the right side of the bar that is visible.

edit: like Jonathan said. Use a combi chart. You can set the background color of the symbol expression to 100% transparent and disable the Expressions as Legend setting too.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have 2 expressions in bar chart. Sorry to say that I need to do in bar chart not in any other chart.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why not? The result of the combi chart will still look exactly like a bar chart.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think you are missing the point. If you want a second axis, you will need an expression that is plotted on that axis. Both gysbert's suggestion and mine are ways to make this additional expression as invisible as possible. But without it, you cannot get both axes.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Please find the below image:

Y-axis.png

In the left hand side you can see the axis numbers as 0,1000. It is in left hand side. Now the same axis with numbers i need to display right hand side. I need to see the axis numbers on both sides of the chart.

Thanks.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try adding the same expression again and select Right axes in axes tab for the second expression.

Regards,

Jagan.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Check the attached sample.

Untitled.png