Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NetWorkDays calculation with add'l logic?

I haven't found anything in documentation pdfs or posts that address my current assignment, so I'm asking here. These are the things I'm working with:

• Calculate the open time for requests using the formula ReloadTime() - incident.open
  • If the SEV field is a "3" or "4", do NOT count open time during Saturday and Sunday
  • A request can be submitted at any time during the week Sun-Sat, and sometimes can be open for more than 8 days.
  • Results should be in dd:hh:mm format

I can get results using NetWorkDays in conjunction with Frac,Interval,Time, etc as suggested in other posts on here but it's never accurate; and I'm figuring it's because of the fact that requests can be opened during the weekend.

Thank you for your assistance.

6 Replies
avinashelite

hi

try like this:

if(SEV=3 or SEV=4, networkingdays(ReloadTime() - incident.open), ReloadTime() - incident.open)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your prompt reply, Avinash, but your proposed expression is missing some things I need:

• While it addresses the SEV constraints in calculation, I still need something that accounts for requests made during the weekend as well as the dd:hh:mm format
  • "networkingdays" doesn't seem to be recognized by QV. NetWorkDays() is but it uses different syntax than your expression

Any other suggestions?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

try if this (and Gysbert's link) can help you

Re: Calculate Elapsed Time Nett

Not applicable
Author

The one discussion you sent me about "Calculate hours between two Date/Time strings" had something I was looking for - simplicity. Particularly this post here:

=Interval(

(RangeMin(frac(Closedate), MakeTime(18))

- RangeMax(frac(Logdate), MakeTime(8)))

+ (NetWorkDays(Logdate, Closedate-1) * MakeTime(10)) // Only 10 hours per whole day

)

Just an expresssion using what QV has already. No calendar tables, nothing fancy. Fortunately, I don't need such granularity for the business hours so I don't think I need the MakeTime part. This expression works unless the request is open through the weekend, which isn't what I need:

if(num(WeekDay(incident.sys_created_on))>4,

1-NetWorkDays(timestamp(incident.sys_created_on),timestamp(ReloadTime())) + Frac(timestamp(incident.sys_created_on)-Timestamp(ReloadTime(), 'hh:mm'))

NetWorkDays(timestamp(incident.sys_created_on),timestamp(ReloadTime())) + Frac(timestamp(incident.sys_created_on)-Timestamp(ReloadTime(), 'hh:mm')))

Any further help is appreciated!

avinashelite

Hi David,

Can you please share your app??

Not applicable
Author

Sure, here's the trial app I've been working on.