Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijaysahu2
Creator
Creator

NoofRow function Vs Table view

Hi All 

I am struggling to find out the reason why NoofRow  function and Table display showing different values. 

I have table which has 5532 records and count is correctly displays by NoofRow  function, but when I showcase that table in tabular form and imported in excel,I can see count is 5491

I have reloaded it multiple times and behavior remains the same. Is that Table display treats it differently?

I am exhausted to find the solution.

Please suggest.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I suspect that you have duplicate rows.

If you add a line in your script:  RowNo() as LineNo,

and then add the LineNo field into your tablebox, you should see all the rows.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I suspect that you have duplicate rows.

If you add a line in your script:  RowNo() as LineNo,

and then add the LineNo field into your tablebox, you should see all the rows.

vijaysahu2
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks. I also validate because of duplicate records it is showing differently. However this behavior is misleading. Do we need to add Row no() with every load?

How this performs the join if these nos are different ? How we can avoid this ?
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is the best I can do for you to try to help, not sure if it is going to tell you what you want to know or not, but figured it was worth a try, but if your raw data is always going to have duplicates and you want to ensure you always have unique rows, you will need to use RowNo() or RecNo() or some other key to make each row unique to ensure things function as you want at that point, but hopefully the following link may shed some light upon things as to why this occurs in our data model.  There are some additional links to some other blog posts at the bottom as well, just FYI.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Symbol-Tables-and-Bit-Stuffed-Pointers/ba-p/1475369

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.