Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not able to pull the data in excel as its too large.

Hi,

I am new to Qlik View, I have the data of 37,674,361 rows. I am using Excel 2010, due to limitation not able to get the details data.

Is there any option?

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Right click on your Chart/Report then select export and select csv.

But to export this many rows you must have enough RAM.

Hope it help

Regards

ASHFAQ

Andrea_Ghirardello

When you export data (table boxes, straight tables, pivot tables) into Excel from QlikView ("Send to Excel" feature), an xls file will be generated.

An xls workbook contains up to 65,536 rows by 256 columns for sheet and a number of sheets per workbook Limited by available memory.

QlikView will split all data into more sheets if the number of rows is over 65536.

see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/excel-specifications-and-limits-HP005199291.aspx

You should try to export your data into a csv file ("Export..." feature)...but it's a very big amount of data.

If you need to perform this export frequently, I suggest you find a different approach.

Not applicable
Author

First question would be why?  If you are exporting that much data surely you would be better to utilise the store command in the backend?

Andrea_Ghirardello

maybe he can't manage the script...