Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not displaying all values?

Hi

I downloaded Qlikview 11.20 yesterday and have started to play with it. I created a view in SAP with my data (Actuals, Previous Year, Budgets) and have successfully loaded that view into Qlikview.

I have then created a few list boxes to be able to select on the dimensions (like Department, Period, Accounts, etc.)

Now when I try to create some charts or (pivot) tables in Qlikview using the data, I get some very strange results. I would assume, that if I show a pivot table with the amounts in expression and the accounts as a dimension, I should see all the raw data. I have not selected any value in the list boxes, yet I do not see all my records. Strangely enough, if I do select some values in the list boxes, then suddenly certain values show up, that were previously hidden.

My view lists values in all fields for all rows, I have checked that. I was suspecting, that certain fields might be empty and therefore not been shown, but this is not the case.

How do I make sure, that an Expression value is summed up over all dimensions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Matthias,

i think, that the best way will be if you load your application with sample data and attach it here to let somebody look on your problem. It may be difficult to guess reason of your problem without more detailed info.

regards

Darek

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

By default, a chart or table is created with Suppress Zero values and Suppress Nulls option set. So values that sum or zero or dimensions without values will not be displayed. To see all, uncheck these two options in the chart Properties | Presentation, and check Show All Values on Properties | Dimensions for the dimensions.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your prompt reply.

How can I attach my file here?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have changed these options. But still certain values are missing. And it is not accounts (dimensions) that are missing, but dimension values.

AccountActualPrevious YearBudget
Salaries100-0
Rent4700
etc.

My table looks a bit like this above. Now I DO have values in the previous year (and also in the budget) under salaries, but these values are not shown.