Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andie_qubdata
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Notes/references on chart

Hi.

I want to show notes for some data on the graph. See red text in the picture. How can I do this most correctly in QlikView?

Sample.jpg

I can do it using macros with a trigger on "any selection" - move and resize transparent arrows over the chart. But this is very difficult and clears the cache.

Extension. Can I use a standard chart object and add some features to it? Or I have to create new object from the beginning?

Any other ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I could imagine that you could get quite near to your screenshot with a normal combo-chart (maybe not so nice looking but transferring the information) by adding two (or maybe more) additionally dimension-values which cover the first and the last rowno() of the chart.

This means the first dimension-value is dual('% dev. rate', 1), the second until the forelast is dual(Year, Year) and the last is dual('% dev. total', 100000) to be able to sort the chart appropriate and then querying the first/last value respectively rowno() and applying the %-calculation and to layout them specially (other colors, offset, ...).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

I could imagine that you could get quite near to your screenshot with a normal combo-chart (maybe not so nice looking but transferring the information) by adding two (or maybe more) additionally dimension-values which cover the first and the last rowno() of the chart.

This means the first dimension-value is dual('% dev. rate', 1), the second until the forelast is dual(Year, Year) and the last is dual('% dev. total', 100000) to be able to sort the chart appropriate and then querying the first/last value respectively rowno() and applying the %-calculation and to layout them specially (other colors, offset, ...).

- Marcus

andie_qubdata
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Do you mean something like this? Add a virtual value for dimension and draw a bar there with offset and label, and also add two expression to emitate reference lines?

20180618_165123.jpg

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share some sample data/file to look into?

andie_qubdata
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Sorry, not yet. The picture is a screenshot from PowerPoint.

marcus_sommer

Yes, this were my thoughts.