Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andie_qubdata
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Notes/references on chart

Hi.

I want to show notes for some data on the graph. See red text in the picture. How can I do this most correctly in QlikView?

Sample.jpg

I can do it using macros with a trigger on "any selection" - move and resize transparent arrows over the chart. But this is very difficult and clears the cache.

Extension. Can I use a standard chart object and add some features to it? Or I have to create new object from the beginning?

Any other ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I could imagine that you could get quite near to your screenshot with a normal combo-chart (maybe not so nice looking but transferring the information) by adding two (or maybe more) additionally dimension-values which cover the first and the last rowno() of the chart.

This means the first dimension-value is dual('% dev. rate', 1), the second until the forelast is dual(Year, Year) and the last is dual('% dev. total', 100000) to be able to sort the chart appropriate and then querying the first/last value respectively rowno() and applying the %-calculation and to layout them specially (other colors, offset, ...).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

I could imagine that you could get quite near to your screenshot with a normal combo-chart (maybe not so nice looking but transferring the information) by adding two (or maybe more) additionally dimension-values which cover the first and the last rowno() of the chart.

This means the first dimension-value is dual('% dev. rate', 1), the second until the forelast is dual(Year, Year) and the last is dual('% dev. total', 100000) to be able to sort the chart appropriate and then querying the first/last value respectively rowno() and applying the %-calculation and to layout them specially (other colors, offset, ...).

- Marcus

andie_qubdata
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Do you mean something like this? Add a virtual value for dimension and draw a bar there with offset and label, and also add two expression to emitate reference lines?

20180618_165123.jpg

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share some sample data/file to look into?

andie_qubdata
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Sorry, not yet. The picture is a screenshot from PowerPoint.

marcus_sommer

Yes, this were my thoughts.