Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Null Values

I am importing data from a SQL Server table. The table has 426 records as follows:

NoNullValuesDB.JPG

There are no null values in the table above.

However when the table records are imported into a QV straight table, it contains some null values as follows:

NullValuesQV.JPG

What could be going on?  Please assist.

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The table ImportPortLoadingCalendar contains values of portLoadingDate which are not in IndiaImports. Those dates will have nulls for all the values not present in IndiaImports.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

How you are importing data from SQL server are you running a Select statement using SQL Select or from a text file?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is [Port Loading Date] a key field? In other words, does the field name exist in more than one table?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am using SQL Select as follows:

IndiaImports.JPG

My table view is as follows;

PortLoadingDate.JPG

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan. My table view is as follows:

PortLoadingDate.JPG

The field [Port Loading Calendar] exists in the main table (IndiaImports) and the calendar.

My SQL Select statement for import of data is as follows:

IndiaImports.JPG

Regards

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The table ImportPortLoadingCalendar contains values of portLoadingDate which are not in IndiaImports. Those dates will have nulls for all the values not present in IndiaImports.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan, that is the cause of the null values.  Managed to change everything to make it work