Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Number of rows in a straight table with Group field

Hi,

I have to count the number of rows of a straight table.

I found the formula =Sum(Aggr(1,Field)) reading the forum and it works properly with a defined fields but it doesn't work with a Group Fields.

Could anyone help me, please?

Nick.

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try

=Sum(Aggr(1, $(=GetCurrentField( GROUP) ) ))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the answer by it doesn't work (only a "-" is the result)

N.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What does

=$(=GetCurrentField( GROUP) )

return in a text box when you cycle / drill through your GROUP (of course you need to replace GROUP with the group name you are actually using)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Same result

I attach the example.

Thank you.

N.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Seems to work for me, check attached.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Pls. check the title formula: I'd like to show there the number of rows of the straight table (4 in the customer group, 3 in the year group).

Thanks

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, missed that, but the expression I suggested in my first post seems to work just fine, too.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, I had discovered the mystery .

In the example I gave you I didn't care about the fact that the group field is conditioned, and in this case your suggestion doesn't work, because it shows 0.

I also made a workaround to show the desired title on the graph (making a comment at the end of the conditional group) and in this case the Sum(Aggr formula shows a '-'.

In the example now I attached the two versions (however the only is functional form me is the second one).

Thank you if you want go give a suggestion to me and I apologize because I didn't post the complete example the first time.

N.