Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC Connect error when bringing in multiple excel files

Using my work PC, I am able to load in multiple excel sheets and multiple excel files in a folder.

With my home laptop, I receive an ODBC error --

SQL##f - SqlState: IM002, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

ODBC CONNECT32 TO [Excel Files;DBQ=D:\Excel\Bowling\bowlingstatsQV.xlsx]

The laptop needs something.

thanks

5 Replies
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi,

Why are you doing this over ODBC? Why not load the data by hitting the Table Files ... button in the Script Editor and following the instructions?

You can load multiple excel sheets without ODBC.

cheers

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Do you have MS Office installed on your laptop?

If not, maybe you just need to install the drivers:

Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Cent...

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Andrew,

the ODBC driver has some more advanced possibilities, like retrieving a list of all sheet names, which you then can use to iterate over in your data load.

Though I agree that most of the times, you won't need an ODBC access when loading excel files.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Ed Rodman,

You need to create a ODBC connection entry in your laptop.Goto Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Data Sources(ODBC). Add a user DSN (data source name). After that click add. Now, you can select the ODBC driver.

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

As Tamil has suggested, you need the ODBC set up on the laptop. If you not sure of the details, check the work computer then copy the details and replicate on your home computer.

Mark