Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalyanamharish
Contributor III
Contributor III

Object Based Clear Button(option)

Hey all,

I have three Inline table (employee, country , salary). I place these 3 fields in list boxes. 1st tab/sheet = Employee (list box), 2nd tab/sheet = Country(list box) , 3rd tab/sheet salary (list box ) , I also added three text box with clear all Action option in all three tabs.

Now the issue is I don't want to clear all the selections in the entire document.

What I want is when I click on the clear(text box) in 1st tab it should only clear the selections made in Employee , it should not clear the selections made in country and salary list boxes present in the other tabs/sheets.

Thanks,

7 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

instead of "Clear All" please use "Clear Field"

Peter

kalyanamharish
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

But field will clear only one field , I need to clear all the selections made in list box.

kalyanamharish
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

basically i need to clear selection of a table not field . Employee is a table which is in a list box, but at the same time the selections made in other tables should be as it is.

prieper
Master II
Master II

So you wish to clear all selections in the tab Employee, but keep the selections in tab "Country"?

If so - create/replace a bookmark, clears all selections. When changing to another tab apply the bookmark

Else please post an example

kalyanamharish
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I don't think bookmark is appropriate in my case.

tab/sheet 1                                               tab/sheet 2                                         tab/sheet 3

_____                                                                       ______                                                              ______

|Clear|                                                                        |Clear|                                                              |Clear|   

Employee(this is a list box)                       Country                                                 Salary

|     abcd       |                                          |     US      |                                           |    10000    |

|      efgh      |                                           |     UK      |                                           |    20000    |

|        ijkl       |                                           |     AUS    |                                           |     3000    |

|      mnop     |                                          |     GER   |                                            |     4000  |

Employee , country , salary are inline tables

Now lets go to tab/sheet 2 which have COUNTRY list box  and select AUS and GER , then go to tab/sheet 3 and select 3000 and 10000 .

now when i hit clear in the tab/sheet 3 tab it should clear the selections made in salary table, but when we switch back to tab/sheet 2 the selections made in COUNTRY list box must be the same i,e AUS and GER. '

In short I need Object based clear option. in my case the object is list box.

Please do comment if you didn't understand anything

Thanks.

prieper
Master II
Master II

not sure, whether you followed the suggestion for the bookmark ...

anyhow, find example attached

tharanikannan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

The data which you have shared is associated to each other. So when you clear one particular field, automatically it will clear other fields which are associated .