Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Opening server documents within QlikView desktop client using DMS authorization

Hello everyone!

I have a following little problem. When I use NTFS authorization on QlikView Server and open server documents in QlikView desktop client (using CTRL+SHIFT+O), there is no problem. Each document is opened in a correct state: i.e. I edited documents using QV AccessPoint, then opened it in desktop client and I see the latest document version.

2015-02-06_115416.jpg

When using DMS authorization, software behavious is different. I edit some document in QV AccessPoint, than open it in desktop client and can't see any changes made in AccessPoint. Moreover, I generally don't see server documents created after switching to DMS. Is this problem somehow solvable? Or I will have to switch back to NTFS?

2 Replies
quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Alexander,

to the QlikView Server, your DMS account and NTFS account are two different users. You'll have to access using your NTFS account to see your NTFS edits and log in using DMS to see the edits you did using the DMS account.

The DMS account can't see any documents, unless permission has been granted explicitly in QMS.

Not applicable
Author

The DMS account can't see any documents, unless permission has been granted explicitly in QMS.

Do you mean granting permissions while setting up document distribution tasks in QMS?

And when I try to log in with the user, which exists only in DMS (no mixture of similar logins between NTFS and DMS) I get the following error:

2015-02-06_125251.jpg