Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Operational Reporting Real time

Hi All,

Scenario :

1) Daily data will be loaded in qlikview(static).

2) Multiple Users select filters, changes some values on dimension as well as measure fields in a table on front end ,these will be the fields on which inputfield has been applied.

3) Both the filters selected and table changes must be exported to a file , separate file for each user.

4) These files operational team will use to run a macro from their side and do some calculation based on which new values will be generated and database will be updated accordingly.

5)As soon as (5 to 10 minutes) database gets updated, these values must be reflected in qlikview.

Please suggest how can this be possible.Is this feasible or not.

I was thinking of direct query but in direct query on measures can be updated and  that too only by applying aggregation functions on it in a chart.

Thanks,

Jatin Kolhe.

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Saw this post recently Reload process trigger on external event (e.g. completion of DW load) Could be useful for you as long as your database update sets a suitable date field or flag.

I have never had joy with Direct Discovery, but maybe that's just me.

Kushal_Chawda

I am not sure that. input field will work for the dimension because generally we use input field for measure which will be manipulated by inputsum function in expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

But in case of multiple users doing this at same time, we cannot reload qlikview for all right?

Thanks,

Jatin kolhe.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kushal,

It can be done on dimensions, i checked.

Thanks,

Kushal.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are the Users accessing the qvw via AccessPoint.  If so then as everyone is accessing the same qvw, reloading this single qvw will reload this single qvw for everyone.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the issue here is all users will be exporting the filters and changes in tablebox at different times, can be at interval of even 1 min 2  min or 5 min or 10 min,so in this case, single reload will not reflect changes in respective data of each user and also we cannot reload the qvw for each user at all these different times, so that makes it a real time case almost, hence i thought of direct query

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kushal,

it does not on work on dimensions in straight or pivot table but in table box it works.

Thanks,

Jatin.

Kushal_Chawda

I don't think so that this is feasible to doing the reload for each and every user. Let the user export the csv which will be consume by operational team and thereafter next day QVW will ralod and all users can see the report.

or

Ask operational team to provide the logic to generate the data and apply this logic in QVW itself so that there will not be any manual intervention.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

May well be that a tool other than QlikView, which is a BI / Data Discovery tool, could be more appropriate for your needs.