Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Oracle OBDC error 12

hi,

I am having difficulty connecting to an Oracle DB though Qlikview. I can create and test an ODBC through the Window Administrator Tools - Data Sources (ODBC) just fine, but when I use that same connection or even try to create a new one through the "edit script" I get the below error.</p><p>"Unable to connect</p><p>SQLSTate=08004[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:Could not resolve the connect identifier specified"

I am running the Qlikview client and server V11.00.11282.0 SR1 - 64 bit on a windows 2008 server  64 .

Again I can connect with an ODBC outside of Qlikview just fine. Any hints on how to correct this problem would be appreciated.

thank you.

connexions avec qv.png

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

In the screenshot you have attached, the "Force 32 bit" is ticked, so you are forcing QlikView to use the 32 bit version and DSN (name) of the ODBC driver. Since Windows allows you to have the same name in the two architectures 32 bits and 64 bits that might be the cause. Unticking and reloading should work.

Check this thread for further information on how to setup Windows and ODBC.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

hi ,

thank you for your response.

i have just do like you describe baut i have the same error.

odbc.png