Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmolina
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Ordering a Pivot Table by expression

Hi there,

I would like to order a Pivot table by a certain expression. I have 3 dimensions and I would like them all to be ordered by that expression. So far, I've tried entering the expression in the ordering tab, (for each of the three dimensions) but that is not working.

Any hints?

Thank you!

3 Replies
Not applicable

Is one of your dimensions a calculated dimension? Using a calculated dimension causes the sort by expression to not work.

This isn't a bug as it is noted in the Reference Manual, but it would be nice if they greyed out that box when a calculated dimension was used.

mmolina
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

No. I have tried this in two different tables. One of them have three dimensions, taken directly from their table (same table for the three of them).

The other table has a non-calculated dimension and a cyclic group (also composed by two non-calculated dimensions).

Neither one is sorting properly by expression.

Not applicable

When sorting a 2nd dimension or below using an expression it sorts that dimension as if it was the 1st dimension in the table and ignores everything else. a bug they need to fix