Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Partially Detaching a Chart

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to partially detach a chart from selection lists. What I mean is that in the sample attached application can I have the chart to derive only from the product list box but not from the category list box.So if user selects c1 from category for example and say product A from the product list box, then the chart should show:

product       category       sum(quantity)

A                 c1                  34

A                 c2                  3

A                 c3                  16

that is, it should process the category dimension regardless of user selection.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Dennis,

PFA.Hope this is you are looking for.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Is that what you are looking at?

Regards

ASHFAQ

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Dennis,

PFA.Hope this is you are looking for.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This is what I was looking for, thanks. But would not have tried it myself. Why is it working? I thought your set analysis here in the expression:

=sum({<category=>}quantity

mean to calculate the sum of quantity "across" all categories (ignoring user selection). so if user selects B from the product and c3 from category, table should only show one row:

product        category        quantity

B                 c3                53    (this is the sum of quantities for product B across all categories while c3 is selected)

Why does it force the table to show all rows for category and calculate the quantity for each respective category - I don't get it.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Dennis,

I thought this is what you wanted.

In this expression:

=sum({<category=>}quantity

{<category=>} Category is left blank here, that means the sum of quantity will not be effected by any value of category or category selection.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you explain to me why if I use your set analysis in the chart category dimension as follows:

=aggr(only({<category=>} category), category)

the chart would not work the way your solution did. Should'nt the set analysis at "dimension" level ignore any category selection by user the way it does at the expression level?