Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmengesha
Partner - Contributor III

Passing Data to Extension (QV11.20 SR15)

Hi fellas,

I am having some trouble passing data from Object via "this.Data.Rows" where this.Data comes up as null or undefined.

Error.png

I am guessing the problem has something to do with the definition.xml file, as I don't see where I am going wrong here.

Here is the extension:

7 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I see that you have an extra folder level that is nor need and might cause problems specified in your Definition.xml:

<ExtensionObject Path="Objects\ChartJS" Label="Chart" Description="Chart Extension" Type="object">

Move the files up a level and repack your .qar file and fix the Path to just Path="ChartJS" and try again.

lmengesha
Author

Still doesn't work, do you perhaps see anything wrong with my setup? I don't understand why this.Data is null or why the parent object(this) is null at all, some enlightment here would be appreciated.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you have a sample app and or sample data that would work well with this extension that you can share?

lmengesha
Author

Not really, this is the first extension I build, still if it did work at some point I would back-track the extension to a previous version.

lmengesha
Author

I gues no one knows much about extensions around here

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You should actually go here and join this Slack

Join Qlik Branch on Slack!

It's a lot of knowledgeable people eager to help you out there.

lmengesha
Author

Actually I solved the problem, it mainly had to do with access to the data from the QV data model, which can only be done within the Qv.AddExtension due to ajax, I should've realised this sooner.

For those that don't know well simply do your for loop within the callback (second param in AddExtension) and everything should be fine.